Rack Supported Mezzanine Floors is a very practical way of utilising the (often-wasted) space above racking. This form of Mezzanine is built from pallet racking materials and is generally the most cost effective way of building a mezzanine. Storage is gained above the structure with an open deck, and the support for the deck is usable pallet racking that can be left either open or utilised as shelving.
A rack supported mezzanine is an exceptional choice when pallet storage is needed below and on the perimeters of the structure. The mezzanine structure can be constructed within the racking (over aisle space) to create walk space or on top of the racking to create additional operational space. Super Market Shelving Companies mezzanines provide economical square footage and versatility as well as:
- Economical square footage (more cost-effective approach by making more efficient use of existing overhead space)
- Many decking options depending upon the purpose of the structure
- Case and broken case pick modules
Rack supported mezzanine, as mentioned requires flexibility in storage of various size of items, the multi-level racking design can be used to store medium and small parts. This system facilitates the creation of additional levels of storage by using the available vertical space in the warehouse. Access to the platform levels is via structural steel staircase. However, a goods lift can also be incorporated into the racking system. All the open sides are fitted with tubular steel handrails and kick plates to ensure the safety of users.
The Benefits of using Rack supported mezzanine:
- Mezzanine Floors enable the full working height of a building to be utilised to its maximum by doubling the surface area. It adds additional space to existing structures.
- SSCOMP Mezzanine Floors are custom designed and manufactured to suit all customers’ specific requirements.
- Mezzanine Floors can be used as storage areas, fabrication areas, packing areas and offices among an array of other uses.
- Installing a Mezzanine floor is the most cost effective way of optimising your existing space because all your fixed costs are already covered.
- Mezzanine floors have paid for themselves in less than 24 months by doubling storage while rental stays the same.
- Mezzanine floors are easy to install and can be designed to handle a variety of loads.